Navigating US Dependent Visas: A Step-by-Step Guide


Dec 11 2023

<div style=' background:#FFFFFF;color:#000000;font-family:Verdana;width:auto;padding:5px;max-height:100%;'><span><p>The United States, being the primary destination for migrants globally, presents numerous pathways for families to reside together legally. Whether one is a student or a professional, leveraging the existing US visa processes facilitates the bringing of spouses, children, parents, and other relatives to the US. .&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Details of US Dependent Visas:&nbsp;<br></p><p>Various visa holders in the US have the opportunity to bring their families, including students, professionals, entrepreneurs, and others, under various visa programs. Some of the highly sought-after dependent visa processes include:&nbsp;<br></p><p><br></p><p>1.&nbsp; &nbsp;F2 Visa:&nbsp; &nbsp;Designed for dependents of F1 visa holders, allowing them to study in the US without the privilege of working or studying.&nbsp;<br></p><p><br></p><p>2.&nbsp; &nbsp;J2 Visa:&nbsp; &nbsp;Intended for dependents of J1 visa holders engaged in research, medical, or business training in the US.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>3.&nbsp; &nbsp;H4 Visa:&nbsp; &nbsp;Issued to family members of H-1B visa holders, granting the right to work and study in the US.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>4. L2 Visa: The L2 Visa is designed for the spouses and unmarried children under 21 of L1 Visa holders, allowing them to accompany their family members to the US. Eligibility is limited to legal spouses and unmarried children. The L1 Visa facilitates the temporary transfer of foreign employees to a US branch or subsidiary, enabling them to work for the same company in the US. Successful L2 Visa applicants can even apply for work authorization upon arrival in the US&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>5.&nbsp; &nbsp;Other Dependent Visa Processes:&nbsp; &nbsp;Tailored for dependents of athletes, scientists, asylum seekers, refugees, witnesses, permanent residents, citizens, and others legally residing in the US seeking to live with their dependents.</p><span></div><div style=' background:#FFFFFF;color:#000000;font-family:Verdana;width:auto;padding:5px;max-height:100%;'><span><p>Required Documents:-&nbsp; &nbsp;</p><p>- Passport and travel history&nbsp;<br></p><p><br></p><p>- Background documentation&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Spouse/partner documentation, including marriage certificate&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Comprehensive evidence of the relationship, backed by photos&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Other proofs of the relationship&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Income proof of the sponsor demonstrating adequate finances&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Completed application and consulate fees&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- English language proficiency&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- For child dependents, proof that they are under 18 at the time of application&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>H4 Visa Specifics:&nbsp; &nbsp;</p><p>The H1B dependent visa, known as the H4 visa, permits individuals to live, study, and work in the US. Dependents under the H4 visa are defined as the spouse of the H1B visa holder and children under 21 years of age whose parent is an H1B visa holder. The validity of the H4 visa is contingent upon the sponsor's visa, typically the spouse or parent with an H1B visa. The H4 visa affords privileges such as obtaining a driver's license, pursuing education in the US, and qualifying for financial services.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>F2 Visa Overview&nbsp; &nbsp;</p><p>The F2 visa, also termed the student-dependent visa, enables immediate family members (spouse and unmarried children under 21) of F1 student visa holders to come to the US. Eligibility conditions include being the spouse or dependent child of an F1 visa holder, along with sufficient financial resources to support the family in the US.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Documents Required for F2 Visa:&nbsp; &nbsp;</p><p>- Passport (original and photocopies)&nbsp;<br></p><p><br></p><p>- Visa application confirmation (DS-160)&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Photograph adhering to U.S. visa regulations&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Birth certificate for dependent children&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Marriage certificate for spouses&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Visa fee payment receipt&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Applicant's I-20 form&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Copy of F1 visa holder's I-20 form&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>- Applicant's bank statements, tax records, and employment documents demonstrating financial stability.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Processing Time for Dependent Visas:</p><p>The average processing period for a visa is 15 to 30 working days, although variations may occur based on embassy workload, express delivery preferences, visa type, and submission timing. Simultaneous application submissions by sponsors and dependents streamline the processing timeline. Scheduling interviews can be time-consuming, emphasizing the importance of applying well in advance.</p><span></div>

Other stories

Powered by RADAR108